Home‎ > ‎Company‎ > ‎

History


Company History

P.O.P. Inc. dba Poynter's Business Products was started in 1983 as an office equipment sales and service organization on Green Street in Marietta, Ohio. Company founder and namesake Robert C. Poynter then moved the company to 276 Front Street in Marietta, Ohio. In 1990 Mr. Poynter sold the business to John Dollison and Poynter's continued to grow at a steady rate. 

In 1994 the opportunity to purchase Best Office Machines became available. Mr. Dollison and Mr. Poynter teamed up to purchase the competitive company which sold Sharp Copiers and Fax equipment. Best Office Machines was founded in 1957 by Harold Porter in Marietta, Ohio. It subsequently moved to 616 Main Street in Belpre, Ohio.

After four years of operating the two companies separately, we moved to our current location on State Route 7 South Marietta, Ohio.

On April 1, 1998 Nossilod, Inc. dba Best Office Machines was dissolved and merged with P.O.P. Inc. At that time Mr. Dollison purchased Mr. Poynter's stock. The dba name was change to Poynters Best Products and a new logo was introduced.